Should you visit Universal while on a Disney vacation or visit Disney while on a Universal trip? We say both! Today we discuss why you should visit both and how to pull off a splendiferous Disney and Universal split stay!
You know we love both WDW and UOR! What’s the advantage/appeal of the split stay?
New Travel Friend Shoutout!
- Diemen, North Holland
- Linton Hall, Virginia
How to Enjoy Successful Disney Universal Orlando Split Stay
- Key differences in WDW and UOR (in general)…
- Tips for organizing a split stay
1. How Much Time Should You Spend at Each Park?
- 4 days at WDW/3 days at UOR (if you have express pass at UOR and park hopper at WDW)
- Volcano Bay truly is a 3rd Theme park!
- A transfer day could be a good resort day (late breakfast, catch up on laundry, travel time, pool time at new resort, getting your bearings, use of a ticket day)
2. Plan the Park You Are Least Familiar With First
Why we did not do this on this trip.
3. Transportation Between the Resorts
- Arranged options
- Uber and Lyft work just fine
4. Accommodation Differences: Where To Stay and When
Disney and Universal have different accommodation types so be mindful.
5. Understand the Logistical Differences Between the 2 Resorts
The resorts have different timelines for making your deposit and payments.
The resorts’ Apps, mobile ordering, making reservations, etc have different features. Practice with both Just know the differences between the two apps
6. Do What is Best For Your Group’s Disney Universal Split Stay?
- Does this make sense? Ages/stamina/interests
- Are people good with moving/changing location
Complete the Entire Universal Orlando Journey
- Episode 6: Universal Orlando Introduction
- Episode 11: The Grand Tour of Universal Studios Florida
- Episode 13: The Grand Tour of Universal Islands of Adventure.
- Episode 15: The Grand Tour of Universal’s Volcano Bay
- Episode 18: The Grand Tour of Universal’s CityWalk and Resorts.
- Episode 33: Comparing Disney World and Universal Orlando (in 2021)
- Episode 34: Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside.
- Episode 43: The Best Rides at Universal Orlando.
Question: Would you do Disney or Orlando first in a Split Stay?
Please let us know in the All Things Travel Podcast Facebook group!
Start Making Your Magical Memories!
Ryan and Shayne are both Travel Advisers with Creating Magic Vacations, an authorized Disney Vacation Planner. We would love to help you plan your Disney Universal split stay! Feel free to reach out to us for a free quote and to start making magical memories.
Never Miss a Thing!
Subscribe to All Things Travel Show on your favorite app so you never miss anything:
Please share it with some friends while you’re here.
Next on All Things Travel, Episode 59: What would you like us to discuss?
Previously on All Things Travel, Episode 57: Travel Stories from Italy.