Ready for a Disney trip and confused by all the options? We help you choose and book the best Walt Disney World vacation options for you?
Topics Covered for Disney World vacation options
- When is a good time to go to Disney?
- How long should we stay?
- What type of tickets should I purchase?
- Where should we stay?
- How much will our Walt Disney World vacation cost?
- Extra activities during your vacation
- How to have peace of mind when booking your vacation
This is continuing our series on WDW (started episode #36)
When is a Good Time to Go to Walt Disney World?
- There is no “dead” time at WDW anymore.
- If schools are out, WDW is busy.
- The supply of available (not booked yet) rooms affects the cost.
Length of Stay and Type of Tickets
How long should I go and what types of/tickets?
- 4 parks, 2 water parks, resort days/times
- Using that first/last day with flights (do you settle in or hit it from the beginning?)
- Knowing your family’s speed here really matters!
- If first trip…1 day per park with 1-2 bonus days to repeat/relax
- Tickets (1-park, Park Hopper, Park Hopper Plus, newer ticket…Water Park and Sports option. 1 activity per day)
- Buy your tickets as part of the package (deposit cost, park reservations)
Accommodations (There Are So Many Options!)
In which resort should we stay for our Disney Vacation?
- Resorts for every budget
- Resorts for every interest!
- Levels of Resorts and why choose each level?
- Room types at each level
- Standard hotel rooms
- Themed rooms
- 1-3 BR
- Cabins and Campground (at Ft. Wilderness Lodge)
- Amenities at resorts these are full resorts with:
- pools, etc
Sample Package Prices of Disney World vacation options
- July 18th-24th (6 nights)
- 2 adults
- 2 children ages 10 and 6
Value Resort Vacation Package Example
(All-Stars Music, newly refurbished)
- $168 av per night for a standard room
- Vacation package with a 6-day single park ticket
- $3,014.71 (uses promo we will discuss)
Moderate Resort Package Example
- $251 av per night for a standard room
- package price $3,561.45
Deluxe Resort Package Example
- $506 av per night for a standard room
- package price $5,284.95
For excellent information and entertainment, check out Ryan’s other show, Happiest Plate Earth!
Disney World has Everything for Every Taste. There are many things to consider when planning and budgeting your meals for a Disney Vacation.
- Quick-Service Dining
- Table-Service Dining
- Signature Dining
- Mobile Ordering
- Reservations for table service at 60-days (traditionally 180 days), yes some fill up that fast!
- Dining Plan (Describe, will it be back?)
- Planning…choose 1 TS a day or several “special meals” for the trip, as a suggestion)
- Eating in the parks vs at the resorts vs at Disney Springs
- Cost (Snacks 6 pp, Quick-Service 10-15 pp, TS 20-30 pp, Signature Dining)
- Disney Springs
- Special parties
- So many things!
- Unless that is a “must do”…focus on those things once you have everything else set (you will get overwhelmed fast)
How to Have Peace of Mind When Booking Your Disney World Vacation
- Did I make the right decisions?
- Only a $200 deposit
- Cancel/Change up to 30 days before!
- Or, travel protection allows even more flexibility.
With that deposit price…get a trip on the books!
What are your biggest obstacles when choosing the right options for a WDW vacation?
Please let us know in the All Things Travel Podcast Facebook group!
Check Out Our Complete Disney Vacation Masterclass!
- Episode 36: So you want to go to Disney?
- Episode 39: How to choose and book the best Disney World vacation options for you.
- Episode 42: Top tips for planning Disney Dining.
- Episode 44: Last-minute planning for your Disney World vacation.
- Episode 47: How to Maximize Your Time at Disney World.
- Episode 48: Best Things to do After your Disney Vacation.
Start Making Your Magical Memories!
Ryan and Shayne are both Travel Advisers with Creating Magic Vacations, an authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Feel free to reach out to us for a free quote and to start making magical memories.
[Get 2 extra days added to your ticket when you buy a 4-night/3-day room-and-ticket package at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for arrivals most nights through September 25, 2021. Packages are out into 2022!]
Never Miss a Thing!
Subscribe to All Things Travel Show on your favorite app so you never miss anything:
Please share it with some friends while you’re here.