Chances are NYC is on your travel dream list (even as a repeat destination). There is so much to do and see that it’s easy to make some mistakes on your next trip to NYC. Today, Ryan and I discuss the top 13 mistakes to avoid when visiting the Big Apple.
13 Mistakes to Avoid When You Visit New York City
- Assuming New York City is one type of vacation
- Planning to do too much during your NYC
- Not using public transportation
- Not packing comfortable shoes (aka, underestimating how much walking you can/should do)
- Staying outside the city to save money
- Only eating at chain restaurants
- Not making reservations ahead of time (including show tickets)
- Not having small donations of cash (tips, cabs, vendors
- Assuming New Yorkers are Rude
- Not knowing the AirBNB rules
- Not preparing for the weather
- Thinking you can see Central Park in one day
- Safety and security mistakes
For more on New York City, check out Episode 86: Top Tips for Visiting New York City.
Question: What is your biggest question about New York City?
Please let us know in the All Things Travel Podcast Facebook group!
Start Making Your Magical Memories!
Ryan and Shayne are both Travel Advisers with Creating Magic Vacations, an authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Feel free to reach out to us for a free quote and to start making magical memories.
- Contact Ryan at DisneyTravelDad.Com.
- Contact Shayne at Shayne.fun.
Where in the World is All Things Travel?
- Brooklyn, New York
Check out the complete list of where in the world you’re located.
Never Miss a Thing!
Subscribe to All Things Travel Show on your favorite app, so you never miss anything:
Please share it with some friends while you’re here.
Check out the complete list of episodes.
Episode ??? Transcripts
Episodes are transcribed with artificial intelligence, so there are likely some highly amusing translations!